Frequently Asked Questions
- I need Polish visa. Can I get an invitation letter from NGCM2004 organizers?
- The organizers DO NOT issue personal invitation letters that would contain specific legal language needed for visa application purposes. We do provide, however, letters confirming abstract acceptance and receipts for hotel and registration fee payments. These documents can be used as support documents for Polish visa application.
- Does registration require an immediate payment of the conference fee?
- No. However registration is required for organizers to be able to
convey important information to prospective participants, such as
abstract acceptance, approaching deadlines, etc.
- Is any support (grants, awards) available for
students who want to attend the meeting?
- No, currently we do not have any support available for ANY category of
participants. If/when such support becomes available we will inform all
(eligible)registered participants and will announce this information on
the meeting website.
However, we have a low conference fee and very inexpensive accomodation
available to help to students in reducing the costs of meeting
- I received the information about the NGCM2004 meeting by
e-mail. Should I expect the same information to be sent to me
by regular mail?
- No. We generally do not mail hard copies of
our conference flyers except to some institutions/organizations,
and for distribution at meetings.
We send formal invitation letters ONLY BY SPECIFIC REQUEST to
invited speakers and to those who paid conference fees and/or
submitted abstracts that were
subsequently accepted by the Program Committee. You may want to print
the PDF version of the
- Will my registration on the web site guarantee
my acceptance as a participant?
- Currently your registration with the paid
registration fee will guarantee your
participation. However, the organizers reserve the right to refuse
acceptance to people or organizations whose motivation or background
is incompatible with the goals of the meeting and the spirit of
- Does everyone who registers have to be
also a coauthor of a paper submitted to the meeting?
- Currently no. However, as the meeting
organizers may be forced to limit the number of participants, and assign
higher preference to participants who present a talk or a poster
at the meeting.
- Does submission of an abstract
guarantee its acceptance?
- No, unless you are an invited speaker.
The decision about acceptance of your abstract will be made by
the organizers and appointed reviewers. The authors of accepted abstracts
will be notified about the decision promptly.
- I (my organization) do(es) not have enough
funds to support my participation at the meeting. Do I have a chance
We strongly advise you to contact appropriate funding agencies to support your
participation at our meeting. Organizers will gladly provide a letter of
support for participants whose presentations are accepted.
- The abstract submission deadline is April 15th,
but in order to obtain permission to attend the meeting or/and travel
funding I need to know earlier if my abstract is accepted. What shall I do?
- Indicate in the box that you need an early
notification about your abstract acceptance.
Our Program Committee will be reviewing
abstract submissions monthly, and we will be sending decisions on
acceptance or rejection within a month to those who request
- Can I bring my family member to the conference?
- Sure... However, if your family member
wants to participate in the conference social program, reception, and
coffee breaks, we ask that you register him/her and pay the modest
Registration Fee for the accompanying person. Also, when
you pay registration the
fee, the organizers will issue a receipt, which can be used for visa
purposes, if needed.
- What is the registration fee schedule?
Registration fee schedule
Early Registration Fee -- Before and on March 15, 2004:
Regular participants: 200 US Dollars
Full time students: 100 US Dollars
Accompanying Persons: 50 US Dollars
Registration Fee after March 15, 2004 before June 15, 2004:
Regular participants: 300 US Dollars
Full time students: 150 US Dollars
Accompanying Persons: 75 US Dollars
Late Registration fee after June 15, 2004:
Regular participants: 400 US Dollars
Full time students: 200 US Dollars
Accompanying Persons: 100 US Dollars
Accompanying persons are welcome at all meeting events, including
the reception, meals and coffee breaks.
We will send you a receipt within a week from receiving your payment.
If you paid your registration fee but you cannot attend the conference
for any reason, we will reimburse your registration fee in full less
the bank charges (40 USD for wire transfer, 4 USD for Credit Card refund,
5 USD for Cashiers Check returned by airmail/first class mail).
- I would like to publish my paper in the conference
proceedings but I will not be able to attend the
meeting. Is it possible to publish my paper without
attending the conference? How much do I have to pay
for only publishing?
- Conference proceedings are intended for
papers that were actually presented at the meeting. Papers submitted
by participants undergo a regular peer review process and invited editors
are asked to enforce the highest scientific standard and ensure that
the material presented is original.
While in this case, the presentation of the paper at the meeting
is a condition of its acceptance for the peer review, it DOES NOT, however,
ensure its publication.
If you cannot come to the meeting, please consider asking your coauthor
to present the paper, or submit your paper to an appropriate journal
using its regular submission process.
- What is the duration of the talks and the size of the poster board?
- Summer school lectures - 60 min including questions and a break;
invited papers - 30 min including questions; contributed oral papers – 15 min including questions. Poster size - 90cm width x 230cm height.